Friday, February 1, 2008

Our New Home

Mike and I bought our first home together on Tuesday, January 29, 2008. We bought it in Simpsonville SC and were very excited!!! On Wednesday, all of our stuff from NY showed up via United Van Lines!! How exciting it was to see the truck pulling onto our cul-de-sac!!! The day took much longer than we had expected it to take, but thankfully so far only 3 things were damage or broken. Most of our furniture though took a beating in some way. We spent Wednesday night in our home and I slept well compared to the night before when I didn't sleep at all!! Last night was our 2nd night here and I slept soooooo good. It was raining outside and it put me right to sleep and I didn't wake up till 9:15am which I haven't been able to do in a LONG time!!! Today we got a little unpacking done but not a whole lot. We got our closets organized a little and took two trips to the local recycle center with a lot of our boxes and paper. The days have been SOOOO Sunny and chilly but today is about 50 and perfect with a nice breeze. So far we like it a lot here. I will post more soon.

No comments: