Wow, where did it go?!?! I can't believe how fast 2008 literally flew by!! I thought I would post my memories from this year as I look forward to 2009!
In January I sold my house 2 years to the day I purchased it!!
I was diagnosed with Melanoma Skin Cancer.
Mike was in Vegas for Consumer Electronics Show
Mike turned 37 :)
18 wheeler picked up and moved our stuff to SC
Madison turned 10!!!
Mike and I purchased our first home together.
Moved in with my mom for the months of Feb and March
I underwent a bunch of tests and xrays etc at Roswell Park in Buffalo, NY leading up to surgery on Feb 26
Had surgery on Feb 26 to remove part of right ear and 30+ lymph nodes from neck
Out of work for 3 weeks healing from surgery (had the best nurse/caretaker imaginable)
I turned 30 and had been looking forward all of 2007 to having a big party but instead I had a different kind of celebration. It involved Thanking GOD for giving me a clean BILL of health that day. It was honestly way better than a 30th birthday party could have given me!
Mike came up from SC to visit me. I will never forget how gentle he was with me even though I was very swollen and all "cut up" He gently touched my wounds with his hands. At that point I knew even more how much I loved him and needed him.
Went back to work on March 17 after having 3 weeks off. It was hard to carry my detail bag, my neck was so stiff!
April 12 officially moved to Greenville
Madison, Theresa and David brought me down and stayed for a week.
Unpacked our home. Tried to get some things decorated.
Carly got married to Jason Colbert in NY. This required us to drive up.
Aprille, Trent and Emily stayed with us on their way up to NY for Carly's wedding
Drove to MS to go wedding dress shopping with Aprille and Emily
Bought a wedding dress in MS :)
Madison came for the summer beginning June 30, we drove up to get her.
Summer came and went quickly but we had a lot of fun, Madison played softball, we went hiking, had lots of food off the grill, got to legally shoot off fireworks! :) went to Falls Park for the 4th of July. Went to TN twice to see Jeff and Jenny. Madison got to go to VBS and we got to see her in the closing program, lots of fun! She seemed to love it. Went swimming A LOT!!! Mike's dad, sister, her bf, and mike's uncle came to visit in July. Did a lot of wedding shopping and planning.
Madison went back to NY in August.
We were married on 9/20/08 at Beautiful MacKenzie-Childs in Aurora, NY where we met 12 1/2 years ago.
Had another mole removed on 10/31/08, stitches out 2 weeks later!
Went to see Shauna and Tom and then watched the Giants @the Eagles in Nov
Went to NYC and had the best mac and cheese ever!!!
Was able to drive out and see my mom for a day.
Saw Chicago with Mike and his co-workers in NYC
Saw Jersey Boys with Mike, Craig and Erica in NYC
Thanksgiving in FL with Mike's dad and stepsister
NYC again, except this time it was cold and snowy and rainy and yucky but we did get the best mac and cheese ever again!! however this time we picked the sampler and should have just stuck with what we got before! :) Didn't get to take pics by the tree this year though because of the inclement weather
Christmas in NY with both of our familys
Mike spoiled me and bought me 3 Coach purses and a Coach wallet
And he SURPRISED me with the MacKenzie-Childs winter platter that I have been eyeing for a few years now, it means even more to me now because we are married and got married their!
Looking forward to a healthy 2009! :) I love you Mr. Harvey ;)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
Wow!! A lot happened in 2008. Blessing to you and Mike for 2009! Love you! EC
i spelled their wrong! it should be there!
Praising the Lord for all the blessings He sent your way in 2008...may He keep His hand upon you in 2009.
T & A
Post a Comment