Gone are the days of baking in the sun........Today I went to my new dermatologist here in SC. I wasn't the least bit nervous but must admit that after I left I was. My new Dr is a female. She went over my history a bit and did my skin check. Everything looked good. Praise God. We talked about my game plan, so to speak and "retrained" me on the ABC's of melanoma. I have been very careful with my skin this summer...obviously after what I went through I would be stupid not to!! I will say though that I have not thought much about having melanoma though since getting the all negative results on my bday. Once again Praise God! Anyway what I am getting at is this.....I liked the Dr, but she was very blunt and point blank......I told her that my Buffalo Dr, Dr Popat had said he wanted me to do chest xrays every few months to make sure the melanoma hasn't spread and she said "if it reaches your lungs, you are toast!!!!!" that took my breath away even though I already knew that if melanoma reaches the lungs, there is apparently nothing they can do! Anyway I walked away a little bummed but rest in knowing that God is in control and I thank him for keeping me healthy! I will rest tonight knowing that he holds me in his hands.........
No comments:
Post a Comment